“Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.” 1Chron. 16:29.
“And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho,
- that he lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold, there stood a man … I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth… Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared…Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you… ” (Josh. 5:13a; Ps. 121:1;Ex. 23:20; John 14:1,2).
“…with his sword drawn in his hand, and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him…
- Art thou for us, or for our adversaries…But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries… Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour…Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world…and the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone…”(Josh. 5:13b; Ex. 23:22; 1Peter 5:8; 1John 4:4;Rev. 20:10).
“And he said, Nay;
- but as the captain of the hosts of the LORD am I now come…For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canannites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off… And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho… And all these kings and their land did Joshua take at one time, because the LORD God of Israel fought for Israel… And I have given you a land for which ye did not labour… For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” ( Josh. 5:14;Ex. 23:23; Josh. 6:2;10:42; 24:13; Eph. 2:8,9).
“And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him,
- What saith my lord unto his servant…Only be thou strong and very courageous that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: Turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersover thou goest… Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” (Josh. 1:7; Eph. 6;10,11).
“And the captain of the LORD’S host said unto Joshua,
- Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so…And Joshua said unto the people, Ye are witnesses against yourselves that ye have chosen you the LORD, to serve him…Now therefore put away, said he, the strange gods which are among you, and incline your heart unto the LORD God of Israel… Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us… But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.. …” Josh. 24:22,23; Heb. 12:1; John 4:2).
Holy Father, May we come before you in the beauty of holiness and worship as one in spirit and in truth, for You who have defeated all our enemies.
What enemy needs defeated in your life? You have a Captain that will fight for you.