“Thy kingdom come.”
It is with us.
“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying,
- The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand;
- repent ye, and believe the gospel.” Mark 1:15.
“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said,
- The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there!
- For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” Luke 17:20-21.
“For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink;
but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.”
It is coming.
“The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.” Exodus 15:18.
“Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.” Isaiah 9:7
“And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.” Zechariah 14:9
“And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying
THE KINGDOMS OF THIS WORLD ARE BECOME
THE KINGDOMS OF OUR LORD, AND OF HIS CHRIST;
AND HE SHALL REIGN FOR EVER AND EVER.”
The prince of the air’s kingdom of darkness
It is among us.
“Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world,
- according to the prince of the power of the air,
- the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:” Ephesians 2:2
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,
- but against principalities, against powers,
- against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
- against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Ephesians 6:12.
“And the devil, taking him(Jesus) up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him,
- All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them:
- for that is delivered unto me: and to whomsoever I will I give it.” Luke 4:5,6.
Satan’s reign ends.
“Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same;
that through death
he might destroy him
that had the power of death,
that is, the devil.”
“And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;
it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” Genesis 3:15;
“And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.” Romans 16:20.
(Note the scriptures say bruise. I’m not sure but I wonder if this is in reference to the fact Satan will not cease to exist but will be in eternal torment?)
“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand,
- Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,
- prepared for the devil and his angels:” Matthew 25:41.
“And the devil that deceived them
was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone,
where the beast and the false prophet are,
and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”
“Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.”
“And be not conformed to this world:
but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that ye may prove what is that
good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
“And this is the will of him that sent me,
- that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him,
- may have everlasting life:
- and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:40.
“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification…” 1 Thessalonians 4:3.
“In everything give thanks:
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18.
“Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word…that do his pleasure. Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion:
bless the LORD, O my soul.”
In Satan’s domain for a time:
“…Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.” Genesis 4:8.
- “And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth,
- and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
- and it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth,
- and it grieved him at his heart.” Genesis 6:5-6.
“For all that is in the world,
the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life,
is not of the Father,
but is of the world.”
1 John 2:16-17.
“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
And we know that we are of God,
and the whole world lieth in wickedness.”
1 John 5:18-19.
No, the world doesn’t know God nor desire Him. But we of the kingdom of God do.
“I delight to do thy will, O my God:
yea, thy law is within my heart.”
- May Hebrews 13: 20-21 be our prayer for one another.
“Now the God of peace,
That brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus,
that great shepherd of the sheep,
through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
Make you perfect in every good work to do his will,
working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight,
through Jesus Christ;
to whom be glory for ever and ever.