Today we resume our Walk with Jesus with a journey through one of the most exciting books of the bible, Isaiah. Some 700 years before the birth of Christ, a light shined in the dark world with the promises of God.
“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign;
Behold, a virgin shall conceive,
and bear a son,
and shall call his name Immanuel.”
- “Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.” Matthew 1:18
“Listen, O isles, unto me;
and hearken, ye people, from far;
The LORD hath called me from the womb;
from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.”
Isaiah 49: 1
- “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins…
“And in that day thou shalt say,
O LORD, I will praise thee:
though thou wast angry with me,
thine anger is turned away,
and thou comfortedst me.
Behold, God is my salvation;
I will trust, and not be afraid:
for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song;
he also is become my salvation.
Therefore with joy
shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.”
- Now all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, BEHOLD, A VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD, AND SHALL BRING FORTH A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME EMMANUEL, which being interpreted is, God with us.” Matthew 1:21,23.
“For unto us a child is born,
unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,
The mighty God, The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6
- “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:11.
The light Isaiah foretold of opened with Christ’s birth. It happened just as he said. Isaiah spoke judgment to a sinful people but with that judgment he spoke of the amazing grace of God. He spoke of the gift of God Himself through Jesus Christ to shine the light of His glory into our hearts.
“The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light:
they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death,
upon them hath the light shined.”
Hallelujah! What glorious wonderful news. We don’t have to walk in darkness for the light of life has come. His name is Jesus, Immanuel.
- “In him was life; and the life was the light of men…
- For God sent not his Son into he world to condemn the world;
- but that the world through him might be saved.
- He that believeth on him is not condemned:
- but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light,
- because their deeds were evil.
- For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
- But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.” John 1:4;3:17-21
The world has not been left hopeless. The light has shined and shines still on those who believe God has sent His Son, born of a virgin, named Jesus, called Immanuel, to shine the light of God’s glory in those who believe.
I once was lost, condemned to die, to darkness. But, (one of the most wonderful words in scripture) But now, I am saved. I have no condemnation. Jesus took it all. Can I rejoice in these troubling days? Most certainly. You can too because He took your condemnation too. You need only believe His testimony to receive His salvation.
- “if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
- and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead,
- thou shalt be saved.
- For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;
- and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation…
- There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus,
- who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Romans 10:9,10;8:1.
Have you been saved from the sentence of death and received his gift of forgiveness and everlasting life through faith in Christ? You can be, just come to the light.