“My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD:
my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.”
Each morning about sunrise there is a stillness interrupted only by the blue bird singing praise to its Creator. The reds, oranges, and yellows rising in the sky remind me my heavenly Father is faithful to meet me and walk with me in his garden. Here in his courts my soul finds its strength. Here a song of praise fills my heart.
“I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart –
“I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness; and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high…
O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together…
I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.”
I will shew forth all thy marvellous works –
“And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation…
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who health all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s…
O, Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.”
I will be glad and rejoice in thee –
“But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. For thou, LORD, will bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield…
Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness…Psalm 5:11-12; 97:12
I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.” Psalm 9:1-2
“That men may know that thou,
whose name alone is JEHOVAH,
art the most high over all the earth …
The LORD reigneth: let the earth rejoice: let the multitude of isles be glad thereof …The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory…
For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth:
thou art exalted far above all gods.”
Here in the garden of the Lord, my praise turns to a prayer:
Our Father in heaven –
- May our soul long for you and cry out to our living God.
- May we learn to praise you with our whole heart.
- May we, your children magnify you name in all the earth today and forever.
- May we remember in Christ Jesus you have forgiven all our sin, healed our diseases and redeemed us from death.
- May we show your lovingkindness and tender mercies to others as you have to us.
- May you renew our strength daily and open our mouths to praise your name.
- May we rejoice in you our God.
- May we hold your name Jehovah holy in our lives for all people to see your glory.
- May we remember who our God is and confess your name through our words and deeds.
- May we always walk hand in hand with you in your garden as we walk through this life. For here there is peace. Amen.
Scriptures are from Psalm 7:17; 34:3; 86:12; Psalm 35:9;103:3-5 ; 51:15; Psalm 5:11-12; 97:12; Psalm 83:18; 97:1,6,9