On the cross, Almighty God poured our sinful life, our destiny of death into Christ. In the tomb, Christ defeated death, sin’s power over us. Reunited with the Father, Christ dwells in us through his Holy Spirit. His prayer has been answered.
“Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word.
- That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee,
- that they also may be one in us:
- that the world may believe that thou hast sent me …
- I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one;
- and that the world may know that thou hast sent me,
- and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.” John 17:20-21, 23
That they also may be one in us
“But now in Christ Jesus
- ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
- For he is our peace, who hath made both one, (Jew and Gentile)… Ephesians 2:13,14;
- So, we being many, are one body in Christ,
- and every one members one of another … Romans 12:5;
- There is one body…one Spirit…one hope …
- One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
- One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all
- Walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
- with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
- Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:4-6;1-3
Heavenly Father, You have made us who are in Christ whether Jew, Gentile, bond, free, man, or woman one in Him. We are his body joined together by his blood and the life giving Spirit. You have made it so. May we walk together in unity with Christ as He walked with you. May we not seek our own but the good of all through Christ’s love that dwells in us. May we be ambassadors of your peace. For by these things you reveal Christ in us to a world living and dying without the knowledge of your love.
“By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples,
if ye have love one to another …
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also love one another.
No man hath seen God at any time.
If we love one another, God dwelleth in us,
and his love is perfected in us.”
John 13:35; 1 John 4:11-12
Praising Christ Together From Psalm 103
“Bless the LORD, O my soul:
and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities …
“John seeth Jesus… and saith,
- Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world …
- Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered …
- Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous:
- and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.” John 1:29; Psalm 32:1,11
Who health all thy diseases…
- “And the prayer of faith shall save the sick,
- and the Lord shall raise him up;
- and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him …
- I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul;
- for I have sinned against thee …
- And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity,
- and settest me before thy face for ever.” James 5:15; Psalm 41:4,12
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction …
- “ye were not redeemed with corruptible things ..
- But with the precious blood of Christ
- as of a lamb without blemish and without spot …
- My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee;
- and my soul, which thou hast redeemed.” 1 Peter 1:18,19; Psalm 71:23
Who crowneth thee with loving kindness and tender mercies
“What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him?
- For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels,
- and hast crowned him with glory and honour ….
- O LORD our lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth …
- To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
- which is Christ in you, the hope of glory;” Psalm 8:4,5, 9; Colossians 2:28
May our hearts overflow with praise for –
“Worthy is the Lamb that was slain
to receive power, and riches, and wisdom,
and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.”
I would encourage you to end your prayer and praise time with the YouTube video of the song, “In Christ Alone,” by Keith and Krystin Getty. May it begin your weekend with a blessing.