1 Corinthians 6: Don’t You Know?
“I thank my God always concerning you,
for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus,
that in everything you were enriched in Him,
in all speech and all knowledge …”
1 Corinthians 1:4,5
When studying chapter 6, a key repeated phrase came to my attention, “do you not know”. An idea popped into my mind-this usually scares most people. I am one who enjoys games and having fun. So, I made up a game for any who would like to participate called, “Don’t You Know”. Below are several statements and questions from 1 Corinthians built around what Paul thinks we as believers should know. Each statement has at least one blank for you to fill in. I used the KJV for the scriptures. I did give references and word choices at the end, but before using those see what you know.
Paul says in the first chapter we are enriched in Christ in all knowledge. This should be easy, right? Here we go.
- Do ye not know that ___ ______ shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge ______? how much more things that pertain to this life?
- For I determined not to know any thing among you, save ______ ______, and him _________.
- Know ye not that ye are the ______ __ ___, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
- Know ye not that the _________ shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
- Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little __________ ____________ the whole lump?
- Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your______ is not in vain in the Lord.
- Know ye not that your _______ are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one ______? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
- What? know ye not that your body is the ________ __ ___ ____ ______ which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
- Do ye not know that they which ________ about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
- Know ye not that they which ____ in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may ______.
- Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the _______ that are freely given to us of God.
WORD LIST: Temple of the Holy Ghost; bodies; the saints; things; unrighteous; labor; body; run; angels; minister; Jesus Christ; obtain; temple of God; leaven; crucified; leaveneth
So, how did you do? Knowing facts is good. But they can lead to a proud attitude apart from understanding the things freely given to us by God, what they mean in our relationship to him, and how we are to live. Facts in our minds alone make our heads grow but not our hearts.
For Thought: Which “Don’t you know” would you like to understand better? Which one means the most to you?
Today’s Reading: 1John 5:10-13; Do you know you have eternal life? This is the most important “Do you know” question of all.
Our Prayer: Father, you have given us all we need to share in godliness. You have made us your own through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, your Son who died to pay for our sin. May we learn all the things you have given us and walk in that knowledge to your glory. May we forever praise your name.
SCRIPTURE REFERENCES: All in 1 Corinthians – 6:2,3; 2:2; 3:16; 5:6; 15:58; 6:15-16; 6:19; 9:13; 9:24; 2:12