2 Corinthians 3: Glory’s Reflection
“But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.” 2 Corinthians 3:18, NASB
When you look in the mirror, what do you see? The wrinkles of time? The weariness of carrying a weight that is not yours to carry? A weight that has robbed you of joy? Then it is time to heed Jesus’s promise.
“Come to Me,
all who are weary and heavy-laden,
and I will give you rest.”
Now, look again. The wrinkles of time aren’t gone, but the worry causing them are now laid upon Jesus as you walk together. Now, you see the glory of the Lord resting your spirit giving you His strength, peace, and everlasting joy. It is the gift of the Holy Spirit in you. It is His transforming you into His image from glory to glory.
Two more promises for today:
“And Peter said to them, ‘Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins;
- and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- For the promise is for you and your children, and for all who are far off,
- as many as the Lord our God shall call to Himself.” Acts 2:38,39
“His divine power has granted to us everything
pertaining to life and godliness,
through the true knowledge of Him who called us
by His own glory and excellence.
For by these He has granted to us
His precious and magnificent promises,
in order that by them
you might become partakers of the divine nature,
having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.”
2 Peter 1:3,4
Our Praise now and forever:
“Then the LORD passed by in front of him and proclaimed,
‘The LORD, the LORD God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth … Exodus 34:6;
And one called out to another and said,
- ‘Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory … Isaiah 6:3;
- Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth. Sing to the LORD, bless His name;
- Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.
- Tell of His glory among the nations,
- His wonderful deeds among all the peoples …
- Ascribe to the LORD, O families of the peoples,
- Ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
- Ascribe to the LORD the glory of His name;
- Bring an offering, and come into His courts.
- Worship the LORD in holy attire;
- Tremble before Him, all the earth …
- Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice …
- for He is coming to judge the earth.
- He will judge the world in righteousness,
- and the peoples in His faithfulness.” Psalm 96:1-3,7-9,11,13
Heavenly Father, how gracious and kind you are to us. You have given us all we stand in need of to come before you dressed in the holy attire of Christ. He has taken our weight of sin upon His shoulders and given us His Holy Spirit for our strength and comfort. May we bring ourselves to you as an offering and worship you in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. May we see a reflection of your glory when we look in the mirror. May the lost see your reflection in our hearts.