The Writer’s Heart: Thanksgiving
“We give thanks to God always
for you all,
making mention of you
in our prayers;”
My verse for today is not included lightly. As authors, we know reaching our goal in writing takes a community of like-minded people.
- Some of us need a bigger community than others depending on where we are in life (i.e., tech people to teach us our way around the different computer programs!). I am thankful for the tech saavy people, plus opportunities to take classes—we are never too old to learn. You can find them online, through adult education, books, and my favorite, writer’s conferences.
- We appreciate faithful followers of our blog posts. You know the ones—they link others to your posts, read each post, like, and comment. Many times a relationship is established.
- I’m also, thankful for those who happen by. It means one more has read something that hopefully encourages or gives them something to think about. We may never know what seed is planted in the heart of the one who stumbles on our site—especially when we pray for our readers.
- Our hearts are filled with thanksgiving for the family, friends, and writing groups who pray for us, and give us input on what we write.
- I am even grateful for the editors I’ve worked with. They pushed me to make The Nazarene’s Price its best—and believe it or not—the good ones(which I have had) even make it fun. Thank you is too small a word for how you have touched my life.
- And I definitely want to include my publisher at Elk Lake Publishing, Inc. who has given me the opportunity to get The Nazarene’s Price into the readers’ hands. My novel’s release date is scheduled for sometime in July. I can hardly wait to have a cover for my book to share with my launch team.
- My launch team is the latest addition to the community helping me along this journey. I thank God for each of you and my first email to you will be coming around May 15th. If you haven’t joined my team, you are invited to do so with this link; https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCB_9dgbWBFAn0FYvHW2Iobh0SDPxhzZWicorvzZ0lkxjBVQ/viewform?usp=pp_url
- To keep from sounding like an academy award winner, I want to end this post thanking the One who sparked the desire to write my novel, The Nazarene’s Price. The Lord has been my guide in presenting this fictional story of the rich young ruler who Christ pursues with his unending love.
Thank you and God bless each of you on your journey.
Who would you thank for helping you to get where you are in your writing journey?